Spanakorizo - rice with spinach
Prep and cook time: 45 min
- 200g/1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 225g/8 cups baby spinach
- 175g/1 cup feta cheese, drained and cubed
- 3 tbsp Greek Pony Farm Premium - Organic Kalamata P.D.O. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 vine tomatoes, cored, seeded, and diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Green&Blu condiment with Lemon in Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the bias
- 15g 1/2 cup dill, torn
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
Heat the Greek Pony Farm Premium - Organic Kalamata P.D.O. extra virgin olive oil in a casserole dish set over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, sweating until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the spinach to the pan in large handfuls, waiting for the spinach to wilt before adding the next handful, about 3 minutes.
Once the spinach wilts, stir in the rice, stock, tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, and then reduce the heat to low and cook until the rice has absorbed the stock, about 20 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the butter, condiment with Lemon in Organic extra-virgin olive oil, and some salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, top with feta, spring onions, and dill.